menuu

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Thai Vegan cafe review 3 Beach street Boston

Tow-Hoo Tod Crispy tofu cigars

Boston is full of surprises concerning veganism and My Thai Vegan cafe is one of them without  shadow of a doubt! At first, the place seems to be gloomy but once you reach the restaurant's floor, you'll feel yourself in a wooden, natural atmosphere which was very pleasant. I opted for a Thai mango/pineapple salad with "veggie-chicken". I know, it sounds weird but the "veggie-chicken" is actually soy although it might really taste like chicken meat for some dudes . Speaking of which, do not be scared to try it out except if you are not really fan of chicken flavor. Beside this, the salad was amazingly fresh, tasty and full of savors popping out in my mouth. I loved the pineapple/mango/peanut and basil combination.
I also grabbed a bit of food from my friend's plate ( I usually do that). He chose the Asia Sizzling platter which is served on a hot plate (see pics). My friend isn't vegan and could barely make the difference between "veggie-beef" and normal beef which is surprising. How could they reproduce the same taste?! We were both wondering whether or not it was real beef! After confirmation from the waiter, it wasn't meat but soy-based.
The appetizer above was the Tow-Hoo Tod crispy tofu cigars served with "duck sauce" which of course wasn't made from duck :-). The latter is definitely a recommendation to you guys when starting your meal there! Also, the bubble tea machine was out the day I went at Thai vegan so I wasn't able to order a Coconut-mango-tapioca tea. I was a bit disappointed but never mind I'll try it next time!
                                                      Thai Mango/pineapple salad

                                                          Asian Sizzling platter
Menu: http://www.bostonveg.org/restaurants/MyThaiCafeMenu.pdf
Address: 3 Beach Street, 2nd Floor  Boston, MA 02111, United States

No comments:

Post a Comment