menuu

Monday, July 16, 2012

Being vegan in London.... That's easy!

Back from London where I spent a week at the Uni of arts studying art criticism. Was great!
As a true vegan, I needed to find my landmarks. Basically where to eat and what to get out there. I hoped that London would offer  more opportunities for Vegans than Budapest does. And I was amazed! So many choices, so little time! To quote a few, my favorites were : The Secret Vegan society shop in Caledonian street 73 ( http://www.vegancross.co.uk) and InSpiral Lounge (http://www.inspiralled.net) located in high Camden street. The latter is a raw vegan bar in which each weekend a concert is taking place. I recommend you to walk through porto bello market before having your lunch there, it is worth it and it's on the same way! InSpiral Lounge is a bit tiny and crowded at Lunch time but still the food is delicious. I had my last meal there. I opted for a pesto bruschetta with mango nuts salad plus a coconut acai juice and as a dessert, a cashew based vanilla ice cream! When I told the girl that It was for my blog she remade the ice-creams a bit bigger and added blackcurrants on them :-)

                                                InSpiral Lounge's window from the street

                                              Cashew based Vanilla Madagascar Ice-creams

                                                             Inspiral Organic's menu
                 Our meal: spicy olives, avocado, pesto Bruschetta, Mango salad and  fennel

                                                                 Flavored coconut water

                 In London, I went on a vegan shopping spree ! I got myself books and plenty of items.



 Dairy-free Chocolate chips from Sainsbury's
49p


                                                      Badges from The secret Vegan society

 Flyer 

 Green-tea tapioca pearls
Chinese market

Magazines and recipe books from Camden street Library

No comments:

Post a Comment