menuu

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Zucchini Sandwiches stuffed with Quinoa


Sounds yummy! I stayed at my mum's place for few days. She got plenty of zucchini from her next door neighbor and was wondering what she could do with all those vegetables piled in her fridge. Here I came!
I decided to make the sandwich version of it.

Quinoa preparation( to stuff the sandwiches with)

Cook your quinoa in water till it rises in size. Use the same pan and add a spoon of olive oil as well as salt, basil, chopped tomatoes (without seeds), dried raisins, chick peas and green peas. Let the preparation rest in the fridge.

Zucchini
Cut the zucchini in circles and cook them in water. After, fried them in a pan with olive oil and salt them.

Stuff the zucchini with the quinoa preparation  and put your sandwiches straight into the oven for 25 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius.




1 comment:

  1. Nice idea, I'll try it soon - lots of zucchini too! ;)

    ReplyDelete